Sunday 22 November 2015

MAC 'Hang-Up' Lipstick & 'Vino' Lip Pencil Review



After trying to find the shade 'Rebel' for weeks, numerous trips to my nearest MAC store and no success on purchasing it as it was unfortunately sold out on each occasion! I gave up and just got a similar shade, not quite 'Rebel' but it will do, I decided on 'Hang-Up' and lip Pencil 'Vino' as a MAC Makeup Artist who I follow did a swatch on the product a few weeks ago and I instantly fell in love and realised that it's as close to 'Rebel' as i'm going to get at the moment! I was also desperately in need of a deep colour for the weekend and just decided to go for it! 

What a great choice that was! I'm absolutely in love with this colour, the finish is rather glossy than more of a matte finish that i'm used to. In order to achieve the true shade you do need to apply quite a few coats to build up the colour, like all my MAC lipsticks the colour did last all night and did not need reapplying, however i'm quite paranoid when it comes to my lipstick looking perfect so I do tend to reapply when it's not exactly necessary. Moving on the 'Vino' lip pencil I do think it was rather a good match for this lipstick, also as this was my first buy of a MAC lip pencil, safe to say I was impressed and I will be buying more in the future, especially as I now have a gift card for MAC what better excuse!

I can't wait to wear this shade again! However I do feel it's more of an evening or occasion colour than an everyday shade, as the winter days are upon us, you may have seen in my previous post that I was trying to go back to my daring ways of wearing a statement lip on a daily basis but with constant early mornings at university I do find myself reaching for my trusty 'Velvet Teddy' so I think my next MAC purchase will more than likely be another neutral colour for my everyday look.


MAC 'Hang-UP' Lipstick - £15.50
MAC 'Vino' Lip Pencil - £12.50

What shades do you guys recommend?


                                                           Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment