Monday 9 November 2015

3 cities, one weekend...



So this weekend has been an extremely busy one... from Bristol to Birmingham to London twice,back 
to Birmingham and then finishing off in Bristol for a busy week of work! Safe to say I don't think I know what sleep is anymore.

Birmingham enabled me to catch up with some of the most amazing friends, and to finally be pampered i.e having my lashes and nails done and actually being able to have a bath! Thats one of the things I miss with living in uni accom, so having a bath is actually a privilege now. Going back to Birmingham is always a blast recently as not living there anymore has made me realise how much of a good city it actually is! I think sometimes you do take your city for granted when you're there 24/7! 

This weekend also allowed me to check out the new look for the Mailbox which I thought was quite disappointing considering how long they've spent redoing it! I was expecting better things from it personally and do feel its quite 'plain' to what I was expecting, however the added bonus is they now actually have a roof on the mailbox, so no more dodging the rain! I do hope that as more retail outlets open within the Mailbox I will grow to like it, although I did go quite late on the evening so I suppose its rather bias...moving on I also checked out Malmaison which also has a new look that I'm loving! The cocktails are always good there, so a few cheeky mojitos did go down quite nicely!

London! Two visits in one weekend, London is always amazing I spent my time in Kensington which is lush, the houses in Central London are to die for! One day.. fingers crossed one will be mine! (keep dreaming) Driving through Central London I couldn't help notice the magnificent Harvey Nichols window display! I do feel London do spend more effort on their window displays to other cities! Probably as its the Capital..but I was memorised by all of the window displays especially by night! London certainly doesn't sleep 1am and it was still so busy which is lovely to see, I do however think the more prestige shops should stay open 24 hours in London, as everything is much nicer on the night! 2016 i'll be visiting London a lot more as studying Interior Design  London does offer some amazing interiors... which I'm excited to explore in the next coming months.

My weekend finished off back in Bristol for a busy week of uni as deadline days get closer! It's nice to see that Harvey Nichols have launched their Window Display for Christmas.. not quite as flamboyant as the London Harvey Nics! But still amazing, also Bristols German Market has opened this week which looks rather nice, so I'm sure i'll be checking that out in the next few weeks! Although i'm going to the Birmingham German Market this weekend... who knows my next post might be a comparison of the two!






                                                                  Ellie x




1 comment:

  1. Wow looks like you had a crazy weekend. A england trotter.

    ReplyDelete